Licensing & Franchising
The opportunity for businesses, sports clubs, coaches and entrepreneurs.
Flexible and profitable operation that involves working closely with young children, and what is more setting up Teddy Sports Club program operation is very inexpensive!
South East Asia
TSC Support Offered:
Download Our Business Brochure
Short Video Of Our Teddy Tennis Program
About Teddy Sports Club Programmes for License
It can either be run to complement an existing business from a dedicated premise such as a sport, tennis or leisure club or it can be run from a home office and be delivered in a designated territory, to pre-schools, nurseries, kindergartens, sports clubs and public tennis courts.
As of January 2018 our Teddy Tennis star programme is being delivered by 40+ different franchisees and licensees located in such diverse locations as London, Edinburgh, New York, Philadelphia, Shanghai, Melbourne, Lima, Bogotá, Cape Town, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Oman and Cairo…. and the numbers are growing.
FAQs for Licensees & Franchisees
No you do not. As it happens most TSC Franchisees or Licensees are qualified coaches but we also have some successful license & franchise operations that are run by entrepreneurs who previously had no coaching qualifications.
No you do not. Any TSC program/s can be taught anywhere, inside or outside. The most important requirement is that the surface of the playing space is suitable for play and the environment is safe.
The company was set up in 2002 when Richard Bean, one of the co-founders came up with the idea of using music to inspire children to learn to play tennis. Over the next few years the concept developed to include using pictures too and a further three years were spent developing the Teddy Tennis Coaches Manual and writing and recording the first Teddy Tennis set of songs. In 2010 the very first Teddy Tennis Coaches Manual was published and in 2011 the very first Teddy Tennis Franchise was sold. Today there are over 50 Teddy Tennis licenses & Franchises operating worldwide.
There are four characteristics that make a TSC Licensee successful:
- Integrity: i .e. commit to doing what you say you will do!
- Drive: i.e. to make your Teddy Tennis Franchise happen, it won’t do it on its own!
- Time: i.e. time to devote to selling, marketing, managing and delivering Teddy Tennis in your territory or at your club.
- Passion: a passion for working with young children
There are four costs that you will need to cover in order to set up a Teddy Tennis Franchise or License
- License fees vary based on the size of your franchise territory or if you decide just to license one location.
- There is a onetime training fee. This amount varies based upon the number of Coaches being trained and any travel/accommodation expenses.
- Equipment: you will need at least one set of Teddy equipment which includes the training manual, music, racquets, balls, net and other Teddy branded items. This cost can vary based on the number of locations.
- Royalty Fees: the royalty fee is set at 12% of your gross revenue and is paid monthly, quarterly or at specified dates throughout the year in arrears.
The only limitation you have to expanding your franchise is when you reach 100% saturation level of children aged 2½ to 6 learning Teddy Tennis in your area. To achieve anything close to this you will need to recruit a team of coaches to help you deliver the Teddy Tennis lessons. You can of course expand you business by opting to purchase more Teddy Tennis territories.
We provide an extensive level of support to help your franchise as our success is based upon you being successful.
We provide 5 types of support:
- Music, pictures, story book and products.
- Training and coaches manual.
- Business Development: we require all franchisees to have monthly conference calls with Teddy Tennis to discuss the development and expansion of their business and offer mentoring and advice as and when it is needed.
- Marketing: good marketing is critical for the success of your franchise. Teddy Tennis provides franchisees with a wide range of marketing material that has been designed to be customized so as to meet your specific needs… and if we don’t have want you need, we will create new marketing artwork that will deliver what you require as part of the service.
- Coaching and Assessment: we are continually developing new activities, songs and lesson plans and to keep you abreast of what is new we provide franchisees wi th one on one Skype calls (and where possible face to face meetings) with the creator of the activi ti es and music, Head Ted Senior (alias Richard Bean). These calls and meetings happen as and when requested by our franchisees.
Training is very important, even to well qualified sports coaches as the teaching system that is used in Teddy program/s is quiet different from conventional sports coaching. There are two methods to be trained to become a Teddy Sports Coach:
- Attend a Teddy Sports Club Training Course. Example: Teddy Tennis training courses are periodically held at designated centers in different geographic locations.
- Have Teddy Sports Trainers Deliver training at Your Location: If you have several coaches to be trained, it may be more economical; Example – arrange to have Teddy Tennis Trainers deliver Teddy Tennis training at your location.
It is our intention to keep Teddy Tennis fresh, vibrant and new, hence we are continually writing new songs, creating new activities drawing new pictures and revising and developing new lesson plans: so you can expect to see a continual on – going evolution of Teddy Sports Club programs.
This can happen very quickly after you have signed the License or Franchise Agreement. Once you have signed the proposal, we need to organize your training and order your initial equipment. After your training we provide you with access to all the TSC marketing material. After all the requirements are completed you will need to start marketing and plan for your initial complementary trial lessons and scheduling your initial set of lesson: this whole process can be done in less than 1 month.
Yes, we very much encourage potential Licensees or franchisees to not only speak to existing franchisees, but to see them delivering the program too.